This course challenges each participant to leverage improved emotional intelligence to improve project success. Each participant will assess their own self-awareness and self-regulation and learn to build strategies into a project that improve decision making and reduce rework.
What Participants Learn
After attending this session, the participants will be able to:
- Map stress to poor decision making and its cost to your projects
- Become aware of the patterns of negative emotions you fall into
- Learn to regulate emotions based on your individual strengths
- Build empathy for others, to help them better leverage positive emotions during projects
- Identify opportunities for growing emotional intelligence in self and others during projects
Students will work on one of their own projects in class.
- What happens to my brain when I'm stressed?
- Growing Emotional Awareness, and learning to identify triggers to drive more effective Self-Regulation
- During times of heightened stress, learn to grow your emotional intelligence through learning
- Intervene in poor emotional intelligence from others that is hindering the progress of your project