Join me on Thursday afternoon for a half-day clinic titled "The E-Learning Crusades: You Don't Have to Choose Between SAM and ADDIE. Bring your e-learning or blended project with you and get real work done while you learn.
Also, a really fun event to kick-off the conference. On Tuesday, September 17, 4:45 pm – 8:30 pm Training magazine has reserved Chicago blues landmark “Buddy Guy’s Legends” owned by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and five-time Grammy Award-winning bluesman Buddy Guy for a very special kick-off event. Jane Bozarth, Doctor of Learnin’ Stuff and Positive Deviant will lead a group of expert ‘Outliers’ who will rock Buddy’s stage sharing tips for navigating the ‘Muddy Waters’ of online learning:
- The Positive Deviant Challenge: Just Do It! Jane Bozarth, eLearning Coordinator, State of NC
- Ta-Da! Impossible Is Just a Project Constraint, Lou Russell, Author, Managing Projects
- A Deviant Approach to Gamification, Karl Kapp, Author, The Gamification of Learning and Instruction
- Chip, Chip, Chip: Breaking Down the Walls of Resistance, Shannon Tipton, Director, Learning and Development, Ambius
- Using Flexible Design to Bypass Constraints and to Reframe Resistance as Gifts, Sivasailam Thiagarajan, Author, More Jolts! Activities to Wake Up and Engage Your Participants
- How to Make the Right Choice Despite Every Obstacle, Joe Ganci, President, eLearning Joe.com
- Now You Get It...Virtual Training Does Work! Now Do It, Tom Stone, Director, Social Learning Portal; Kassy LaBorie, Product Manager, Live Online; Dale Carnegie Training
- Creative Solutions: When the Typical Answer is ‘No’, Nick Floro, CEO, Sealworks Interactive Studios
- Cracking the Transfer Obstacle, Arthur Kohn, Professor, Portland State University
- Books!? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Books! Jason Bickle, Manager Instructional Design & Development, Experlogix, Inc.
- You Can’t Learn Without Lurkers, Allison Anderson, Learning Strategist, Intel Corporation
- “Yeah, But No Budget, Time, Media Artist...” So What? Create Engaging eLearning Anyway! Lisa Stortz, Strategic Relationship Manager, Allen Interactions