Here's a simple process for getting started:
1. Assume your organization values customer service and compliance above all things. Vary these two values across a matrix to create four possible future states:
2. Assign one future to each of four groups. Have each team spend 15 - 20 minutes describing what this future would be like. Consider things like customers, products, competitors, technology, staff, processes, etc.
3. Have each team return and tell their story. Discuss changes that could be made to the stories to tighten up the plausibility and consistency.
4. Return to small teams and determine what decisions, events and steps would have to be taken to move the organization from where it is right now to this future state.
5. Have each team return and tell their story.
6. Capture ideas from this analysis to set goals for 2015 and get to the future state they want and avoid the ones they don't.