- What makes leaders different than managers?
- Can leaders be managers at the same time?
- What experiences engage a potential leader and drive the skills needed for a larger span of control?
- How can you provoke brilliant operations staff to add innovative leadership to their skill set?
- How does your organization measure a good leader?
- Are our upper level leaders modelling the leadership behavior our organization wants?
- Where do our leaders come from? Where do our great leaders come from?
- Why does a leader want to be a leader?
Design Thinking starts with big questions, often questions people don't want to ask. Here are good starting questions you could use to survey your organization to find out the current beliefs and frustrations: