1. List things you have wanted to do for yourself, prioritize them, schedule them.
2. Find someone you know that seems to take care of their own growth. Have a meal with them.
3. Instead of working through lunch, take a quick walk outside or chat with someone. Clear your head. I struggle with this one.
4. Make eye contact and (seriously) smile when you walk by people. Watch their emotional uptick.
5. Make up new small ways each day to enhance your energy. I like to use music.
For strategic intervention, a critical tool is the Job Benchmark. As a leader, YOU grow your staff and yourself. Great leaders know how to prioritize the time to get successors ready to move to the opportunity desired. Using resumes and interviews is not enough, whether hiring, onboarding or promoting. Job Benchmarks allow YOU to accurately find the Job Fit for yourself and similarly you’re your staff. A person in the ‘wrong’ job cannot be productive. Here are two options for creating a Job Benchmark:
If you would like to see the power of this, we will compare YOU to our Manager benchmark (available for the first 15 people until July 15th. Email Shawna.Moser@moserit.com if you’d like to see how it works.
It’s Thursday morning and it’s great to be part of a great company. The minute you enter your office, you close the door to realistically prioritize your work. You take a break every hour, and you use each hour for a specific purpose without interruption. You managed today’s meetings days ago, honestly able to say ‘no’ or ‘yes’ when it is appropriate. When you leave the office at 4:45 PM so you can get ahead of the traffic, you feel that you have contributed and made a real difference. You’re looking forward to spending time with your family at home. YOU are Accountable for YOU.