Creating a Job Benchmark helps you create a data-driven comparison of candidates. Our customers have used our Job Benchmark process to solve these challenges:
- Hiring Outside Sales People
- Contracting with strong Learning Facilitators
- Choosing the best Project Manager for a specific project
- Hiring restaurant managers who stay
- Assessing individuals with the potential to become successful IT developer
- Establishing five key Learning and Development roles for career planning with Training Magazine
- Start with the 3 – 5 Key Accountabilities you built for the Job.
- Once the team of experts has completed the KAs, have them keep the list in view and complete the Trimetrix Job Assessment quickly. With most profiles, you’re answering the questions about yourself. In this process, the individuals that built the Key Accountabilities are answering the questions about the job.
- The assessment tool combines all the results in to a single Job Benchmark.
- Test it out by using a TTi Gap Report to compare individuals to the Job Benchmark. Comparing to a few experts who weren’t part of the facilitation is a good idea, but it’s also a great hack to (privately) compare lower performers to the Benchmark.
Here’s the summary of a Gap Report comparing the Job Benchmark to a candidate. Notice that the Job Competencies, Motivators and Behaviors are ranked by the combined profiles of the expert as defined by the Key Accountabilities. If it was a different job, the three lists would be different.
Here are two candidates interviewing for our Logistics Manager / Project Manager position. This is the last summary page of the full Gap Report.
- Who do you pick?
- What assets will this person bring to the job?
- What issues will this person have doing the job? What will you do to onboard this person?
- Would you hire this person and why / why not?
Your turn! Send the answers to these three questions here and we’ll send you a Sample Gap Report.