- Late to meetings, leaving early from meetings
- Late with projects when they are due but no heads up early when progress could have been mitigated (Bad News Early is Good News)
- Using strengths as a weapon to avoid being outed as the fake you believe you are, for example, using DISC:
Influence – schmooze, tell funny stories, distract
Steadiness – say nothing, smile and nod at whoever is speaking (disappear)
Compliance – discuss horribly detailed problems that can never be solved
Take a minute and answer the following:
- Have you ever acted like this?
- Does your team act like this? How do they act when you are not there?
- Does your boss act like this?
- How do these behaviors make you feel / impact your energy level?
- What could you modify to improve your stress level and influence others?