- Go somewhere alone and quiet that feels calming to you.
- Take three big breaths with closed eyes and strong posture. Feel your shoulders relax.
- Slowly open your eyes and notice FIVE things you can see in your surroundings.
- Next, listen for FIVE things you hear (I’m currently listening to the Chieftains, “The Rocky Road to Dublin”, weird, right? )
- Finally, feel five things that your body is doing.
Earlier this week, one of my daughters called and was concerned about her asthma and the virus. She felt everything was tightening up. All was well. I was chatting at work with a very solid person and confessed that I’m hallucinating chest issues constantly. This brilliant person started laughing and said ‘So am I!’
This brings to mind a very simple reflection that I have found helpful: “I am HERE. It is NOW.“ Three times slowly.
TIME FOR PRIZES!! Share a small mantra or meditation that helps you. You’ll get a prize! Lou.firstname.lastname@example.org