Darth Vader is the scariest, most powerful and most memorable villain in cinema history! You think you know Darth Vader but you have no idea. He's a man looking for love, people! Everything Vader loved was taken from him -- his mom, his lady, his kids and they even tried to withhold that promotion to Jedi-Knight . He had some serious work-life balance issues. Here's what you can learn from Darth Vader...
- Choke employees with your hands - or the force. Violence and murder don't end well in this galaxy.
- Let the distractions of your home and personal life cloud your judgment at work. Just because you're not happy doesn't mean you should try to rule over the galaxy -- or your employees.
- Think strategically and move swiftly. Vader didn't play around -- if someone disobeyed a direct order, he terminated them. Now you should not TERMINATE, terminate them -- but sometimes we tend to want to build solid cases before we let an employee go and it just gets to be ridiculous.
- Be passionate about your cause.
- Let love win. Darth Vader eventually wanted to be loved, and Luke showed him love.
- Use the force. Part of using the force is trusting your instincts and believing in your ability.
Follow these steps and, in the end, you'll be a bad-ass HR professional that the people will eventually cheer for!