- Can you make your goal more specific?
- Can you make your goal more vivid in your imagination?
- Can you imagine how encouraged you’ll be as you start to see more of what you want?
- Can you believe that you will succeed (because yes, you CAN do this!)?
Change always requires losing something. Starting to ‘try’ comes with doubt, the nagging voice in your head that will resist personal growth with every ounce of its being. You can choose how your emotions will be by actively practicing them. Start a positive habit with your visualization of the future you want. Defeat doubt by believing in yourself. Who cares if you’ve failed a time or two? This year, try again (but better this time) by:
- Making time to prioritize and communicate
- Tracking your progress with a journal
- Noticing and Choosing your emotions