- Check out the video "A Good Day" from TEDxSF to get you in the right frame of mind (also contains a beautiful meditation from Brother David Steindl-Rast).
- Keep a gratitude journal logging one thing you are grateful for each day. If it gives you guilt, don't do it as often.
- Give a compliment each day.
- If you have negative thoughts about people or things, practice a reframe. A cold conference room can become a room with a great view, etc. When I get angry at people, I make up stories about them that explains how their behavior is rational. This helps me let go of anger and build empathy.
- Give up gossip and complaining during Thanksgiving break
One of my favorite videos is “It’s In Every One of Us” . This is the original version, and there are others. Find a soft chair, a quiet moment, and let this song fill you.